Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Joga Bonito!


I miss playing football.



It's that one thing I look forward to every afternoon (almost all the time). It's that one thing that made me feel nervous, happy, scared and ecstatic all at the same time.
I got frustrated with football so many times but over and over, I'd come back to it with open arms, loving it more and more. Playing football gave me that certain blissful high.
  
My Dad pushed me to do sports prolly ever since I was able to walk. In the 3rd grade came a promising invitation to a bright future of joining the RP Track team. Imagine the disappointed look on my face when at that same year, my asthma hit it's peak. I had to take steroids to support my breathing. No Pro Team will have me. (I wouldn't have me!)  My lungs got weak and I was just not at that certain level to compete.

It would take years for me to try/join any sport again.

Football came quite late, really, if ever I wanted to start a career out of any sport. I was already in college and truthfully, I wasn't that good. Compared to all my other teammates, I was the modest player: not flashy, some mistakes here and there, for sure not the superstar but I was fully okay with that. I was contented that I could run again without having to rush to the Nebulizer every minute or so. I was a happy camper.

The loss of breath, the terrible muscle pains, the unexplainable guilt when I missed a training session, my burnt skin, my bruised knees and legs --- all of it didn't matter. I loved playing. There are no other explanations, I just love Football.

It's been 2 years at most since I played competitively. My body has now retired to it's jelly form. I kinda miss my muscles and the firmness (hahaha). I wish I could get that body back in a snap...but who am I kidding?

Anyhoo, cheers & beers to my happy football memories!
The many lessons I learned from playing all those games kinda made me a better person somehow. Too much cheese? Y/N? Hahaha.

Here are some more photos of my very short football stint:

We were 4 Peat Champions!

We were a silly team.

I don't know what to put here, really.

One of my first games ever. This was at Ateneo. Those high school girls from Poveda were VICIOUS!

Aww dude, I miss my red spikes.

We didn't lose any game. We were undefeated and still we thrive to be better everyday.

After our games, we'd watch some more.

Frustrated cause I only got to play a few minutes!

Warm up ninjas! Heeyahhh!


JOGA BONITO!
SFM

♬ Listening to Katy Perry's Self Inflicted

No comments:

Post a Comment