Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

BabyCakes!

I adore lines. Lines, in my opinion, make my illustrations look less naked. 
A few months ago, I saw a photo of this squish-worthy baby in Tumblr.


It reminded me of Neil Gaiman’s short, Babycakes and so it resulted to the illustration below.
The whole illustration is basically made up of lines and layers and layers of color. I couldn't give justice to this baby's eyes though. They are of a cat's! They're so beautiful.  

I don't know if you get the idea behind the toys I drew in. Closest guess, gets a kiss! Haha.

Babycakes is one of my favorite shorts by Gaiman. It’s about how one day, animals disappeared and in place of them, humans used babies…to eat, to test products on…that kind of creepy. I remember reading this as I listen to Eels' Flyswatter. It's a perfect mix of creepy; song and story! Below this, I've posted a screen shot of the Babycakes artwork done by Jouni Koponen.


You can see and read full Babycakes here.

Cheers!
SFM

♬ Listening to: Monster by The Automatic! & Flyswatter by Eels
☮ Wearing my tan skirt from 6th grade! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment