Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Liar No. 1 & Liar No. 2

I am an emotional being.
At an honest to goodness heart warming/touching scene in a movie, I cry easily.

To start off the week, my good friends and I watched Orz Boyz on a Monday night. It’s one of the films shown at the first ever Taiwan Film Festival. At first I thought it was going to be a light movie but lo and behold, I wept.


The story is about the friendship of two boys, Liar No. 1 and Liar No. 2, their everyday lives and their quest to go to a water park that mysteriously opens a portal to Orz! In Orz, you will be a grown up in a blink and that means no homework!

No. 1, as young as he is, is the man of the house and takes care of his mentally ill father. Aside from his father, he looks after the younger No. 2. He reads stories to No. 2 from books that they repair after school as punishment to their mischievous adventures, pranks and games.

No. 2 lives with his grandmother and is abandoned by his parents. With no specific adult around to guide him and nurture him, he looks up to No. 1.

Their issues and problems that become apparent from their difficult lives give the reason of why they want to go to Orz so badly. They go through motions of dramatic and comedic slices of life at their young ages.

The script is so well written that the story is seamless. The kid actors played their roles so magnificently too! My friends and I were discussing that it was as if they were not acting and that we were really looking into their lives.

I really enjoyed the movie. It was well worth the queue!

Look at these photos from the movie that I saw from the internet:
The teacher punishes them by putting lipstick on and kissing them!
They try to go to Oz by turning on 10 electric fans. It didn't work.
Simple joys!
This is near No. 1's home.
That's No. 2 scouting for Orz!
 
To our magical childhood,
SFM

♬ Listening to John Mayer’s Stop This TrainSo scared of getting older
I'm only good at being young
So I play the numbers game to find away to say that life has just begun~

No comments:

Post a Comment