Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

☢Painting Aliens on Kids

I don’t know how exactly I endured painting Ben 10 characters on kids by myself on a supposed long weekend and got out of that party alive.
That's FOUR ARMS, HUMONGOUSAUR, DIAMOND HEAD, HEAT BLAST, UPGRADE & CANNON BOLT



I started a face painting group 4 years ago called PartyKids! At first, I alone accepted all the face painting jobs that came. I didn’t mind the work. I love kids and interacting with them is a plus! As each year pass, more and more parties asked for us. It's kinda cool that people wants us to service their celebrations. How can you resist party food and ice cream over the weekends? We've also been to numerous places, near and far! We've been to Cavite and Laguna, Manila and Makati, we'd go anywhere there was a party!  (<-rhyming hahaha)
There was a point where I felt worn out. Too much party food and kids high on sugar somewhat took a toll on me. Very early this year, my friend, Pat and I decided to hire painters to do the job for us. I have a day job (a very cool one) and on top of that, I have other side jobs that keep me busy. Needless to say, all these "jobs" have majorly lessened my time to rest on the weekends. As much as I want to be the one painting at the parties, it is just not as easy as it was before. We serviced a handful of parties this year and I’m happy and lucky that I got to paint at least for some.
Last weekend, in a weird twist of schedules, I painted for two parties! ALONE. Suddenly all the painters were not available. Thank goodness I could put on hold the side jobs I had that weekend. 

The theme of one of the parties that I went to was Ben 10 and in true PartyKids! fashion, we stick to the theme of the party and provide designs almost exclusively about the theme. I watch Ben 10 & Ben 10 Alien Force like any other 10 year old kid would. I love and folllow it and know almost all of the characters. The only problem I have with having Ben 10 as a theme is that the Ben 10 characters are painful to paint under 5 minutes! I am a skilled artist but I had a hard time catering to the requests of the kids to have Heat Blast and Four Arms painted on them. The kids are cool though. Any kid who like Ben 10 is cool...like me. Hahaha. 



Aren’t the photos of my paintings cool anyway? Y/n? :9


Bens & tens,
SFM

♬ Listening to what else: The Beatles’ With A Little Help From My Friends

 

No comments:

Post a Comment