Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Drawings Weekly: The Old Woman Who Lived In A Bespoke Shoe

Click on me to view a larger version
I was searching Google for handmade shoes the other day and saw this intricate white bespoke shoe. It is to be worn by the bride on her wedding day. Although in my eyes it looked like an elf's, it was still very beautiful. And then for some strange reason,  out of nowhere really, I thought of the old woman who lived in a shoe. Wouldn't it be so grand to live in such a luxurious piece of handmade shoe? Then I remembered that the old woman who lived in a shoe was very much poor and had too many kids and had little food to feed them. I wanted to create my very own illustration of the woman who lived in a shoe but I wanted to make her happy and stay away from the negative story that the child's poem narrates to us. In my illustration, she has 6 kids, a husband, a dog and a cat, a telescope and a very cool inflatable pool that ll the neighbors envy. Isn't it wonderful?


Look at some of the other photos I saw online of the infamous woman who lived in shoe!

I want this on my birthday! A shoe moon bounce! :)
Wow! A real stone house in the shape of a shoe!
Aww look at those cute dolls :)
Hahaha. What a popular woman, she even gets jokes made after her!
That's probably why the old woman seem restless, she feeds her kids sugar!
It looks like McDonald's shoe.
How cute! It even has a bath tub at the top floor!
Teehee. Look at the cute drawing. It reminds me of Chibi Maruko Chan.
To all the single moms, salut!
SFM

Wow, this would be a great entry if it was Mothers Day! Haha.


♬ Very aptly listening to Crowded House's Locked Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment