Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

My Heart Upon My Sleeve, Iago

I was browsing through my old stuff and found a thick pocket book covered in dust. It was Shakespeare's Othello. Though much of the story I have already forgotten, I still remember this one character, a man of villainous veins, a felon written so poetically that I wish I could've crossed paths with him in my past life: Iago

I had to look for these lines on the internet as I remember this is the phrase (?) where the title of this entry originated from. Haven't you heard this line in so many pop songs and didn't know it was Shakespeare who coined it?


IAGO:
It is as sure as you are Roderigo,
Were I the Moor, I would not be Iago:
In following him, I follow but myself;
Heaven is my judge, not I for love and duty,
But seeming so, for my peculiar end:
For when my outward action doth demonstrate
The native act and figure of my heart
In compliment extern, 'tis not long after
But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.



♬ Listening to Kings of Leon's Aha Shake Heartbreak album. Their 5th album, Come Around Sundown will be released on October 18th! Wow. First this, and then this! The remaining few months of the year is expensiiive!


Cheerios,
SFM


PS> Find details below of an illustration I made for...uhmm..Iago. Haha. Sinisterrr





No comments:

Post a Comment