Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekend Wackness : Capsule Dinos!

As you may have noticed (or not), one of the items in my previous illustration is of a swimming dinosaur inside a shot glass.
Wouldn't it be a better place if we had miniature dinosaurs that fit shot glasses?

What I would do to make these babies real even just for an hour~

Forget about those cute micro pigs, adorable teacup puppies and squish-worthy toy dogs.
Say hello to SHOT GLASS DINOS!

A Thumbelina Triceratops!

A Tom Thumb T-Rex (Did you just read Tom as Thom?)

And even a Tinker Velociraptor! (Saw what I did there? Hahaha)

Oh hey, some bad photoshoppping on my end! Haha

Since dinosaurs are like...uhmmm... extinct, my brothers and I bought something close to that: We bought foam dinosaurs in capsules!

All you have to do with the capsules is soak them in hot water and watch them grow (or force them to "grow" by poking the capsule with a toothpick...or a ball point pen if you wish).

Aside from the possible brain damage caused by the ridiculous smell of the melting plastic capsules, the foam dinosaurs turned out okay.

The Capsule Animals Set includes 12 capsules in 4 colors. The set sells for about $1.
WHAT A STEAL, I say, what a steal!

The green one is a Triceratops, the yellow one a Diplodocus, the blue one an Oviraptor, the red one a Utahraptor

One of my favorites is the herbivore dino, the Diplodocus.
She's that yellow one in the center.
It looks so happy and dinosaur-y. Y/y?
I'm naming him Yellow Foam Happy Diplodocus Dinosaur or YFHDD for short.

So anyway, while you absorb the concept of real live shot glass dinos, I'm off to naming all these foam dinos and maybe change YFHDD's name. It may be too long. He might not remember it when I call for him.

Very Cherry Jelly Belly Beans,
SFM

♬  Listening to Runaway Train by Brandon Boyd's Newest Solo Project, The Wild Trapeze Album (What an awesome album! Wonder how many days until mine gets shipped~)

"Seems to be, that being in the middle is starting to get me in trouble
Try to run away, but they have a talent for making trouble seem enjoyable
Oh the more I try to separate, the better it feels to get right in the way
Should I douse the spark or fan the flames
Or merely think of clever things to say?
"



No comments:

Post a Comment